Who We Are
Melissa Burgos, MD
President since 2015 Spearheaded the development of Club DREAMS.
Family Physician and residency faculty with a fellowship in Faculty Development and Cultural Competency. Mother of 4 children : Clara , Juliet, my son with Down Syndrome, Lee, and Octavia. Passionate advocate, creative thinker, dreamer, and “want to be”event planner. I love being a part of DSACNJ and the Executive Director of Club DREAMS. In addition to the wonderful and meaningful family support we personally provide, I strive to advocate in the medical community to improve patient experiences and support in the prenatal and postnatal period. I spearheaded the NJ First Call program offered by DSACNJ. I feel this component of our advocacy is critical for new parents.
- Board member since 2010
- Mother of 3: Daughter with Down syndrome, Rebecca and 2 sons Ryan and Brayden
- Accountant Nexus Properties
- Has been a devoted board member to bringing forth Club DREAMS
Member at Large
- Member at Large since 2012
- Vice President 2016
- Mother of 2 children: Daughter with DS, Emelia Son Edward
- Strong advocate for
individuals with DS.
- Devoted to ‘paying forward’ the love
& support I felt from Emelia’s
1 st day of life to today
Member at Large since 2012
- Mother of 3 children: Daughter Kaydence (10), Son with DS Isaac (8), and daughter Emily (7)
- Former Elementary School teacher with experience in general and special education.
Self-Advocate since 2018. The job is very interesting and very fascinating. the board asks for my suggestions. I welcome and greet new families. I put together folder handout packages for the doctors outreach program. I set up and cleanup at picnics/gatherings and fundraisers. I learn a lot and meet a lot of different people.